Apple Juice Roast Recipe
- 4 lb Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 ea Med. Onions, Sliced
- 1/4 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 2 tb Butter or Shortening
- 1/4 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 1 c Apple Juice
- 1/8 tsp Basil Leaves
- 1 tb Catsup
- 3 ea Large Sweet Potatoes *
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 x LemonJuice
- 1 x Chopped Parsley OR 1 x Gravy 1 x Apple Rings And Parsley
- Sweet potatoes should be pared and cut into pieces.
- Cook onions in 1 T butter or shortening in Dutch oven until tender-crisp; Set aside.
- Brown roast in remaining butter or shortening in Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Pierce entire surface of meat with fork.
- Combine apple juice, catsup, salt, pepper, thyme, mustard and basil;Add to meat.
- Top meat with reserved cooked onions; Cover and cook slowly 2 1/2 hours or until almost tender.
- Brush sweet potatoes with lemon juice for bright color; Add to meat.
- Continue cooking, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Place meat and potatoes on warm platter.
- Sprinkle potatoes with chopped parsley or garinish with apple rings and parsley, if desired.
- Serve gravy over sliced meat.
Show Reviews (0)
- Skim excess fat from cooking liquid; Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Mix 1/2 cup water and 2 T Unbleached Flour; Stir gradually into cooking liquid.
- Heat to boiling; Cook, stirring 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Gravy may be served in Large Apple that has been scooped out, if desired.
Copyright © 2004-2008, UBR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.